The January 2021 draft of Code of Ethical Conduct consists of 18 points covering 9 subject areas:
- Confidentiality and information security
- Acting within your ability
- Introspection and continuing professional development
- Conflicts of interest
- Social responsibility, including diversity and inclusion
- Ensuring the relationship is valuable for both coach and the client
- Agreeing on boundaries
- Abuse of power
- Responsibility to the profession
The Ethics Scenarios provide guidance on how the code relates to common challenges experienced by agile coaches, whether they are experienced or new to the role.
The expectation is that anyone taking on agile coaching at any level in an organisation will be able to use this code to help guide their behavior when faced with ethical dilemmas.
For questions and feedback on the code of ethics and the related agile scenarios, you can contact the initiative team at AgileCoachingEthics@agilealliance.org.
InfoQ interviewed Craig Smith and Shane Hastie about the code of ethical conduct.
You can read the whole article here